Unless expressly specified otherwise, any reference to the following words shall have the meaning as defined in Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation:
“Controller” - “the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.”
“Personal Data” - “Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
“Processing” - “Any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction”.
“Processor” a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
3. GeneJack, LLC as Data Controller
The Company is the data controller for personal data processed by us for our Website Visitors and Customers. We can be contacted at email@example.com.
4. What personal data we collect?
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Contact data. Your contact data includes your name, your email address, and phone number;
- Account data. Your Website account data includes your email address, website username and password;
- Customer Support data. When you send us any support requests, we collect your name, email address and the content of your request;
- Transaction data. When you place an order, we process your transaction data which includes the products you purchased, and the date and time of your purchase;
- Shipping data. When you place an order you also provide us with the shipping address where you would like the order to be delivered;
- Payment data. When you place an order, we collect your billing address. Please note that your credit card information is collected and processed by our payment gateway. The Company does not collect or store any sensitive credit card data;
- Product Review. When you leave any product reviews on our Website, we will store your username and the content of your review on our Website.
5. How do we use the personal data we collect?
- Contact Data
We use your contact data to contact you regarding your order/enquiries as and when needed. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interest.
We will not retain your contact data longer than required for our business purposes. If you have created an account on our Website, we will retain your contact data for as long as your account is active. If you subscribe to receive newsletters or other marketing material on our Website, we will retain your contact data until you unsubscribe. For any orders placed through our Website as a guest (without account creation) we will retain your contact data for three years from the date of purchase.
- Account Data
We use this data to create a user account for you, and to enable you to securely log into your account, view your past transactions and store your billing and shipping information for future purchases. The legal basis for processing this data is the performance of our contract with you.
We will retain your personal data on our record for as long as your account is active. We will remove your personal data from our records three years after the termination of your account unless we are required to retain this data for our compliance with any legal obligations.
- Customer Support Data
We use your support request data to respond to your requests. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interest.
We will only keep support messages and enquiries on our record for a maximum period of two years from the date of last communication with you.
- Transaction Data
We will use your transaction data to maintain a record of your purchases, address any disputes or issues arising with the purchase and for our own accounting purposes. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is the performance of our contract with you.
Where you have a Website account, we retain your transaction data on our records for as long as your account is active and for a period of three years after that if required for our internal business purposes. If you do not have an account on our Website, we will not keep your transaction history on our record for longer than three years from the date of purchase.
- Shipping Data
We use your shipping data to deliver your ordered products to your nominated shipping address. Our legal basis for the processing of this data is the performance of our contract.
Where you have a Website account, we retain this data on our records for as long as your account is active. If you do not have an account on our Website, we will not keep the shipping address on our record for longer than three years from the date of delivery of the product ordered.
- Payment Data
We use your payment data for our payment processing purposes. Our legal basis for the processing of this data is in compliance with our legal obligations.
Where you have a Website account, we retain this data on our records for as long as your account is active. If you do not have an account on our Website, we will not keep the billing address on our record for longer than three years from the date of purchase.
- Product Review Data
We may use the content of your product review on our Website and other social media pages. Please note that your username will be displayed with your review. Please do not share any personal information in public reviews that you do not wish to be publicly visible to others. Our legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest.
We will keep your product reviews on our Website for as long as we are in business unless you specifically request us to remove your review from our Website, in which case we may continue to use the content of the review by anonymising your personal data.
- Data Collected Automatically
We use this data to understand how our users use our Website, to improve our user experience, for web performance, analytics and to serve relevant advertising to you. Our legal basis for this processing is your consent which you grant us when you continue to use our service by accepting our cookies.
Each cookie is retained for a specified period of time.
In addition to the above-mentioned legal basis, we may also retain any personal data that we collect for our compliance with legal obligations, any court order, or to assert our legal rights or defend any claims. Where we request your consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you are in the European Union at the time your personal data is processed by us, please visit ‘Your Rights’ section to learn more about your data rights.
6. Cookies and Pixel Tags
- Google Analytics
You can stop these cookies from being stored on your computer by installing the browser plug-in available here.
- Facebook Pixel
We may use Facebook Pixel to track user behaviour when they visit our Website after clicking on our Facebook ad and for retargeting ads to such users after they leave our Website.
If you do not wish for Facebook Pixel to use your data for the Facebook ads display, please contact Facebook at the link provided here.
You can decline cookies from our Website by clicking the decline button in the cookie banner on our Website or by changing your browser settings to decline all third-party cookies.
7. Disclosing your personal data
We do not sell or rent your personal data to any third party. We may disclose your personal data as described hereunder:
- We will disclose your shipping address to our shipping service provider to enable them to deliver the product to your nominated shipping address;
- Your personal data may be disclosed to our employees to enable them to perform their duties during the course of their employment;
- We may also disclose your personal data with service providers that we engage to perform services on our behalf. Please note the service providers we engage are not authorised to disclose your personal data to any third party unless required by law or during the course of performance of services on our behalf.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information when required to do so for our compliance with any applicable laws and upon reasonable requests of any government bodies or regulatory authorities.
- We may share your personal information to enforce our contractual or other legal rights arising out of our Agreement with you.
8. Your Rights
The General Data Protection Regulation grants users who are in the European Union at the time their personal data is processed certain data rights. If you are in the EU, you may exercise the following rights:
- Your right to access and/or edit your personal data
If you wish to access and/or edit any out of date, incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Your right to be forgotten
If we do not have any valid legal basis for processing your personal data, you may request deletion of your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Your right to withdraw consent
Where we use consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by giving written notice of your withdrawal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you believe that our processing of your personal data is infringing your rights as a data subject, you have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection in your country (if you are in EEA). You can find your Data Protection Authority here.
9. Transfer of data
10. Security of data
We protect and store your personal data using state of the art security measures, including encryption to reduce the risk of any data breach by complying with the principles of data minimisation. Please note that despite our best efforts, there may be security vulnerabilities that we are not yet aware of, which is why we are unable to offer any guarantees of security.
11. Third-party website links
12. Protection of Children’s Privacy
We do not target our Website at anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years ("Children"). If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who you believe has provided us with his/her personally identifiable information, please contact us at email@example.com.
13. Do Not Track (‘DNT’)
Our Website currently does not respond to any DNT signals.
15. Contact Us